Friday, December 26, 2008

Movie Review - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom and the Crystal Skull


Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)
Director: Steven Spielberg
Actors: Harrison Ford, Cate Blanchett, Shia LaBeouf

I really didn't like this film but it wasn't because of the reasons I expected. I figured that it would be too unbelievable to see Harrison Ford (65 years old) as Indiana Jones, but actually he did a really great job. I really bought into his portrayal and was transported back in to the Indiana Jones world of buried treasure and good vs. evil. It was actually the terrible, over-the-top, unbelievable storyline that really bothered me. I don't know what Steven Spielburg was thinking but it was really terrible. He must have figured that it didn't matter how good the story was because people were going to go see it anyway. I realize that in the older movies you also had to suspend reality too, but c'mon, this was ridiculous. The other reason I didn't like this movie was because of Shia LaBeouf's portrayal of Indiana Jones' son. I'm sorry but I just really don't like his acting. I've seen him in other movies also (Transformers and Constantine) and it's always just so over-the-top (sorry for the redundancy). If you're really a die-hard Indiana Jones fan you'll probably still enjoy this movie, but just make sure to keep your expectations low, otherwise you may be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment